Web development and maintenance can be the most annoying thing sometimes. Even for tedious small tasks, there are so many things that can go wrong and so many variables that you haven’t thought of, it’s just a huge hassle. Which brings me to Plesk.
Plesk is an ever-evolving platform that makes server management easy for anyone.
If you’re a web developer or a web designer, chances are, you probably heard of Plesk before. Afterall, Plesk is a leading control panel in the US that also captures roughly 75 to 80 percent of the European market. However, if you didn’t know about them, here is a little rundown of what Plesk does.
Plesk is a great developing tool for IT professionals.
The platform enables you to ease most of the daily tasks in website administration, even if you are managing a huge number of sites created with different apps and technologies. From building, securing, and running Plesk is your ally. You can build your website or application in a ready-to-code environment with an intuitive interface. The platform secures your applications and websites automatically and automates all server related tasks and components to run and scale your web applications and websites.
Basically, Plesk is the only tool you’ll ever need to build, secure and run websites and applications in the Cloud. For about 10$ a month you get 30 domains, WordPress toolkit, a developer pack, subscription management and account management.
Okay, that all sounds great, but how is that different from every other competitor out there, you might ask.
Well, the company recently launched the new Plesk Onyx, and everybody loves it. The new platform is all about speed and automation. Plesk Onyx isn’t just another sysadmin tool, it became a fully functional WebOps solution for web professionals.
For a more practical approach, here is a list of the most important features that you can find only on Plesk Onyx.
- Features and user experience parity on 14 Linux Distributions (including Ubuntu) and 4 Windows Server Versions.
- Certification to run on major virtualization & container platforms as well as the largest cloud players such as Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure.
- Full support for Docker containers management, Git (including through GitHub and Bitbucket) focused on a complete continuous delivery workflow.
- Interface templates that will majorly simplify the lives of developers and administrators
- As a WordPress hosting customers you can handle your entire security management with a single click. Plesk will then manage plugin updates, bug fixes, and security patches for you.
- Specific tools for scalable WordPress hosting and mass-management through an advanced Toolkit (and soon for other applications)
- Broadest levels of supported server security tools – build in the core and additionally through 3rd parties (OS, Network, Application, Website)
- The largest ecosystem & 3rd party marketplace in the area of web professionals and cloud based hosting
- The most advanced backup features on server, reseller, customer and site level what no other such platform can provide.
Plesk Onyx is the only platform out there that works for web developer and designers both not just on sysadmins. The new Plesk Onyx represents a significant leap forward in functionality and user friendliness.
You can give it a try by signing up here.
Read More at Everybody Loves The New Plesk Onyx And We Know Why
from Web Design Ledger https://webdesignledger.com/everybody-loves-new-plesk-onyx-know/